Saturday, March 12, 2016

The Great EP

This has been a crazy busy week! Sister Peterson and I went to Benihana our last night together to celebrate the best 6 weeks. There was a family at the table with us celebrating their daughters birthday and they were super nice! They asked us to take a photo with them before we left. (Spotted: rare Mormon missionaries in a predominately Lutheran community). Transfer miracles! Sister Turner and I picked up 3 new investigators in 2 days. CRAZY. 2 of them came to church! Inspired finding is a real thing. I LOVE this area. The "ghetto" in Eden Prairie is the Eden Prairie of North Minneapolis. Even the lower class area is called RICHfield. Our apartment has a chalk wall! And a fireplace. And a gym. And a covered garage. And a washer/dryer IN our apartment. I don't even know what to do with myself! Too many amenities. In comparison we were really slumming it in Minneapolis haha. Sister Turner is a powerhouse missionary! Spiritual levels through the roof. She's extremely bold, and is a great example of what an urgent missionary is. Being exactly obedient with Sister T isn't hard, because she'll definitely let you know when it's time for lights out. When 10:30 comes around, it doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing- the lights go OUT. But it's great to have somebody reinforcing even the little things like that. Through small and simple things, great things are brought to pass! 

I've finally gotten over my influenza! The mission doctor banished me to isolation to stay in the apartment so I can get well, because apparently hanging around In the cold with a fever is frowned upon, but ain't nobody got time for that as a missionary. I got a priesthood blessing, and almost immediately I was ready to get back to work.  I stayed inside during the morning when it was colder, but later that afternoon I piled on the scarves and we went contacting! I'm so glad we did, because we found a lot of awesome people to follow up with later this week. The priesthood is such a blessing to have! And the members here are incredible. At the slightest sign of a sniffle, they've already given you herbal tea, bags upon bags of cough drops, a humidifier, and the promise they're on call to bring you whatever you need, whenever you need it. I LOVE THE EDEN PRAIRIE WARD. I'd write more, but we're going to play basketball at a member's giant indoor b-ball court. I didn't stutter. Full size basketball court inside of their house *cough, palace*. On that note, have a great week! -Sister Bret

No comments:

Post a Comment