Friday, January 22, 2016

Transfers!!!

What a week! Transfer calendars went out...found out who my new
companion is! I know she'll be great, but my heart is still wrenching
because Sister Teuscher is leaving.  She has truly been the best
trainer God could have put me with, and she'll be one of my best
friends for the rest of my life.

We went to the temple last week, it was so nice to feel completely
peaceful for a couple hours. Afterwards we got permission to watch The
Saratov Approach. It's such a great movie! Really makes me thankful
I'm getting to stay in the states haha! We did a service project with
Feed My Starving Children which was a lot of fun. I won't even bore you with the fact the windchill got up to -40 degrees last night, because, you know, it's just a fact I live in the frozen tundra.

CLEO. I LOVE CLEO. She has such a rough past and deals with it in ways
that aren't good for her. We thought she'd been doing better, but when
I used the bathroom in her apartment I saw some things that proved she
wasn't. But she's trying so hard to stay clean. We talked about it and
went back by later that week to follow-up. She was with some of the
wrong crowd but she still wanted us to teach, so here we are teaching
6 thugs about the gospel, and it's literally the coolest thing because
they're asking questions and actively involved in the lesson. If you
would have told me at the beginning of my mission that I'd be sharing
the gospel confidently with a bunch of street hoods, I'd be terrified.
But they're good people who just ended up in not great situations.
They call us family, and I know they're our "ride or die"! (By the
way, can someone look up what "tenderoni" means? They keep saying it
but I have no idea what that even is.) I've learned to rely on the
Spirit so much. You really have to pay attention when it's telling you
to leave, or not to knock on a certain house. But it also reaffirms
when you're in a safe place, which is really nice to have!
We had dinner the other night with a new-convert family, the Hinkles. He used to ride with Hell's Angels, no big deal. He's an ex-offender and has been prison lots of times, and also has some sweet tattoo sleeves and gauges, but he's the sweetest guy you've ever met.They have an 18 month old son named Abel who is the cutest baby to ever walk the planet. They are so solid in the gospel, it's CRAZY. Talk about a 180. Christ truly changes lives! 

There's so much more that happened, but I want to hop off and enjoy
this last Pday with Sister T! I'll write more next week! Missionary
work is the best! Much love, Sister Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment