Friday, February 19, 2016

Fear Not Little Flock

You know those mornings where the alarm goes off and you think, "The
day hasn't even started yet and I'm already over it."? That was me
every single day this week. It's like Satan held off on all his tricks
until this point on my mission and saved them all for this week. Since
we didn't die being hit by a drunk driver, now he's trying to do us in
in every other way possible! Except my companionship- Sister Peterson
is the funniest person and knows how to laugh off every situation,
without her this week would have been impossible! I spent a lot of
time on my knees and just asked for a miracle. I didn't care what
kind, just some sort of a reprieve. Not even ten minutes later the
Cambodian elders called us with a referral- her name was Miracle. It
was such a tender mercy! And shows God has a sense of humor (I knew I
had to get it from somewhere!). There's opposition in all things, and
we'd never know how good things are unless we have to go through some
tribulation. I've been reading a lot in Doctrine and Covenants (which
for my non-Mormon friends is additional revelation the Lord gave
Joseph Smith and his apostles during their lives, which also applies
to our lives today) and it's really been comforting to read! One of my
favorite verses are:

"33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye
also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your
reward.

34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell
combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot
prevail."

-D&C Section 6

I was definitely relating with that this week! I know that because
we're on the Lord's errand, evil can't prevail in the end- but it
doesn't mean Satan won't try! A lot of our investigators are
struggling with challenges, and it's a universal thing that life is
hard, but when we put our trust in the Savior, we can have peace- not
as the world giveth, but as He giveth.

No comments:

Post a Comment