Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Do Not Attempt in Heels!

I honestly can't believe it's Pday again. I swear the weeks are getting shorter and shorter! It's already March...that's insane! This week has been jam-packed and awesome. We just got back from the temple this morning, it was great. We had Missionary Leadership Council in Bloomington and talked about the finding effort in the mission. We're working hard to find new investigators- Sister Winters and I have a companionship goal of getting a new investigator every day. We don't always reach it, but we're constantly striving! God blesses our efforts, I can attest to that :) We had a lot of luck this week because Laura is literally a better missionary than all of us and asked to go contacting on campus with us! She would stop people and talk to them about who we were and invite them to activities, and of course because she's gorgeous and friendly people are going to say yes! So we had some new faces at activities this week! Including this awesome guy named Marvin. We saw him on the street and just started talking to him, and he said he was having a rough day. He basically told us his whole life story and how he moved out to Minnesota for his girlfriend who had just broken up with him...awkward. But the cool thing is that he didn't have anything better going on on a Friday night, so he came to the institute! 

Later, we were on campus and we stopped to talk to this adorable Asian girl, and when she saw our name tag she said, "I'm a member! I just moved here from China and I've been praying I could find where the church was, and God sent me you!" It was such a miracle! Also on campus, we started talking to this guy who gave us free pizza from Dominos, and he told us he was going over to his music studio to finish an assignment for class. We started talking about music and said we could come check it out! So we walked over with him to the hecka nice U of M recording studios and he played us some of his music. But what's even cooler is that he said recently he'd had some spiritual experiences that made him want to get close to God, so he's looking for somewhere to go for church- how about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? :) (also, he said he'd record a song for us! #missioncelebs). 

We went on exchanges this week and I stayed here in the YSA with Sister Hermansen. She came out with my trainee, so when she said she would be hitting her 6 month mark soon I freaked- I can't believe that was so long ago! Time is flying by way too fast! 

This week I also finally finished reading the Bible! On my mission I've been able to read all of the standard works (The Old & New Testament, The Book of Mormon, The Doctrine & Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price). I've learned so much studying from the scriptures, but even though I've read the same chapters and verses over and over again, I always take something new out of it for my life. Reading the Bible all the way through reaffirms my testimony of the Book of Mormon and the truthfulness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Everything in its pages points to truths that were lost after centuries of apostasy that I know have been  brought back by Joseph Smith, a prophet of God. 

Tender mercy of the week:
Got free cute shoes from a member! Note to self: boots with heels are cute, but NOT for walking around campus (lesson learned). 

Love y'all lots! Talk soon! -Sister Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment