Sunday, February 26, 2017

Southern Hospitality + "Minnesota Nice" = Miracles

This week has been great! Lots of exciting things happened. First off- shoutout to my trainer, Sister Teuscher who is getting MARRIED next month!! And to the other 3 sisters I served around who are also getting hitched in March. #firstcomeslove #thencomesmarriage #thencomesamomvan

ALSO, Laura went to the temple for the first time!!! We went with her to go do baptisms and she did 18 names! It was so amazing. The Spirit was so strong and Laura is excited to start doing her family history work to bring her ancestor's names to the temple. (1 Corinthians 15:29). She also spoke at the mission president fireside and was FAB! A lot of the ward members came to support her- we had a big party in the front two pews! Also got to see Sister Peterson...can't believe she's going home in less than a month! Seeing your companions go home is WEIRD. 

We went on exchanges this week and I got to go work in Blaine. The sisters there are working on finding new investigators, so Sister Richardson and I went tracting! We prayed about where to go, and we looked at a map and saw a street named Mississippi right by the area we were going to be in. I figured it had to be a sign! So we went to that street and it was a total success! EVERY HOUSE we knocked at let us in to teach a lesson! A little piece of southern hospitality right here in MN :) One of them was a SUPER cool Hmong family! They kept asking if my mom was Hmong because I looked too white to actually be from Laos, and no white people speak Hmong haha. Either the Hmong elders or Sister Winters and I will have to go back to teach (I'm a little selfish and kinda wanna teach them haha!), but it was such a miracle that we found them and that we decided who would go where for exchanges. The power of inspiration! 

The other day we had a booth set up in the Student Center advertising institute and church, and this guy walks up and starts asking about our beliefs in Jesus Christ. He told us he's Muslim but was interested in learning more about Christianity! So we've been teaching him, and it's definitely been way cool! It reminds me of being in Hmong work where most of them are Shaman and don't believe in God or Jesus Christ, so you have to go back to the very very basics. I love it! Because that's where the beauty of the gospel is- it's so simple! He came to church and has been coming to the activities we've had and he's getting fellowshipped super well! 

Everything else is going great in the YSA. I really really love it here! 

Love, Sister Brett

2 Nephi 26:23-25

"23 ​For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in ​​​darkness​.
​​​​​24 ​He doeth not ​​​anything​ save it be for the benefit of the world; for he ​​​loveth​ the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw ​​​all​ men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.
​​​​​25 ​Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: ​​​Come​ unto me all ye ​​​ends​ of the earth, ​​​buy​ milk and honey, without money and without price."

No comments:

Post a Comment