Tuesday, December 8, 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

It's officially after Thanksgiving, so you know what that means...it's Christmastime! The MTC is decked out with lights and decorations, it's so pretty. Thanksgiving was great, we did a service project for Feeding Children in America and packaged over 350,000 total meals with all the missionaries. Afterwards we had a devotional with Dallin H. Oaks. He talked about being grateful even in your trials and it really struck a chord with me. Count your blessings and your challenges, because they're one in the same! 

This week went by so quick...we have our first real investigator! His name is Dylan and he goes to BYU. Most of his friends are Mormon so he decided to come check out what this whole LDS thing is about...good thing you did, Dylan ;) Long story short, after the third lesson we extended the invitation to be baptized...GUESS WHO SAID YEESSS? I can't even explain it, I felt the spirit so strongly, because I knew he was making the most important decision of his entire life and how much happiness the gospel will bring him in his life. But baptism is only the beginning, it's not the end of someone's progress. He's still got a lot to learn, but I have faith he'll endure to the end! 

Tomorrow a new batch of missionaries are coming in and me and my companions have been made the Sister Training Leaders...uh oh. I can barely find my way around the three buildings we go to, let alone helping other people find their way around! Time to start getting my crap together haha. 

I'm really having the time of my life here. The schedule gets easier every day, and the more I learn about my Savior the more I come to love Him and really apply the Atonement in my everyday life. No matter what we're going through, Jesus Christ knows exactly what we're feeling and knows exactly how to help us, we just have to let Him. 

Love you all! -Sister Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment