Tuesday, November 17, 2015

"I love ya, tomorrow....you're only a day away!"

I'm sitting in bed at a hotel in Salt Lake City, staring at three suitcases by the door filled with everything I'll own for the next 18 months of my life...and I couldn't be more thrilled! Tomorrow I enter the MTC (Missionary Training Center for those of you not familiar with missionary lingo) and I'm feeling a lot of different emotions: excitement, nervousness, too many butterflies to count...but not once have I felt regret. I feel more solidified in my decision right now than I ever did before. I KNOW this is the best decision I could be making for myself. I KNOW Heavenly Father put things in my path that lead me to make the decision to serve a mission. I also know that a mission will probably (no- definitely) be one of the hardest things I do in my life. But it will be the most rewarding, because through Christ ALL things are possible. I have so much love for the gospel and His church. I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to share that with the people in Minnesota, even though I'll probably come back with a northern accent, donchya know. I know I need to go to sleep, but I'm so anxious I probably won't do much of that! Next time I write I'll have been settled in the MTC for about a week- what a weird thought!

Much love, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment